Tuesday, May 22, 2007


U.S.
Champs.
2007
Sevillano - Mulyar
My friend, Enrico, is not doing very well in the standings, but here is the penultimate position in his Round Seven game against IM Mulyar. Earlier, black sacrificed a piece for a chance to attack the white king via pawnbreak supported by the queen and rook along the C file. Well, it didn't work as planned. Here we are at move 30 when Sevillano played 30. Qe8! This sacrifice might have caught his opponent by surprise. Black will lose a piece if he plays 30... Re8 31. Nc6+. Black can instead play 30...Qb4, but after 31. Qb5+ simplification makes White's win easier. BTW, Black resigned after Sevillano took the bishop.
Finally, as you can see, I am trying a colored board on this blog. Maybe, it looks a bit better!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chess.com said...

Great blog - I love it!

Sorry to message you here, but I couldn't find your email address :)

I just launched Chess.com a few days ago and I am looking for a great chess blogger who might give me some feedback on the blogging platform we have at chess.com. We have some amazing new and simple tools for posting chess games, diagrams, and puzzles into web pages very easily. (see http://www.chess.com/blog/view/a-very-messy-game and http://www.chess.com/article/view/chess-rules--basics and http://www.chess.com/article/view/can-you-find-checkmate-10-pr as examples of articles and posts you can easily create right in your browser).

I am also looking for a few chess writers to help contribute top-quality content. I was wondering if you would be interested in speaking with me on these topics. Chess.com gets thousands of visitors daily and I want to make sure we have the write tools and writers in place!

Thanks,

Erik
Chess.com
erik@chess.com

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home