Wednesday, March 18, 2009

From the second round of the Bergen County Open 2009, we've got Kushner-Santana where black played 13...cd5, allowing white to penetrate with 14. Rc7. The bishop on b7 is threatened, but there is also indirect pressure on f7 due to the bishop on b3. How to defend? Keeping the white-squared bishop along the a8-h1 diagonal protects the rook on a8 against 15. Bd5. So, black played 14...Rd7 which turned out to be costly because of the game-ending 15. Rb7!


The position below is from my own game. My opponent seemed most distracted by the impending discovered check that he went for the perpetual. His move here was 32...Qe1+ and we agreed to a draw in two more moves. Black could have won the game by the very lovely move 32...Bh4+. I'm not going to spoon-feed you, just follow line of attack along the G and H file.



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really like your blog, as someone who loves the royal game, it is nice to see someone as passionate about chess as I am. I hope you come by my blog and take a look at it.Thanks for sharing your love of chess with the rest of us.

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home