Sunday, February 01, 2009

Corus 2009. Group C. Round 13.

It shouldn't surprise anybody that Wesley So and David Howell drew their last round. That clinches sole first place for So in Group C. I am not even going to put up a diagram of the final position because it was a draw of convenience more than anything else. Congratulations to Wesley So. This performance will qualify him to, at least, Group B next year. If So continues to play competitively during the course of this coming year, he may even end up in Group A which isn't a stretch, in my opinion. He deserves a hero's welcome in Manila. I think he is the best player the Philippines has ever produced, notwithstanding Torre and Balinas. I hope that I have provided some good coverage of his games in Corus 2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home